CBD cooking recipes: CBD has become one of the hottest new substances on the market today, being used as a supplement and by many people to address a variety of problems from which they suffer. While more research is absolutely needed, there is some evidence to indicate that CBD can help people address numerous ailments, including depression, pain, insomnia, skin problems and more.
CBD is available in many forms, including vaping juices, tinctures, balms, creams, capsules, edibles and more. However, many of the edibles are limited to snack foods like gummies. These can be very tasty, if you want to digest CBD but don’t like gummies, you may be out of luck.
However, there’s good news: Because CBD is such versatile, you can use it in tincture form and add it to any food or drink. As such, if you are a baker or chef, you have plenty of options to cook CBD! Here’s a look at three great recipes.
Yes, you really can add CBD into anything. Here is a delicious soda bread that has a fruity kick.
- Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour (2 1/2 cups)
- Whole Wheat Flour (1 cup)
- Organic Quick Oats (2/3 cup)
- CBD Tincture (2 teaspoons)
- Hemp Hearts Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds (1/3 cup and 1 teaspoon)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Baking Powder (1 teaspoon)
- Baking Soda (1 teaspoon)
- Buttermilk (1 3/4 cups)
- Egg (1)
- Figs Soft Dried Fruit (1/2 cup)
- Chopped Tart Montmorency Cherries (1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven (375).
- Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using a large bowl, whisk both flours, along with oats, the 1/3 cup of hemp, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk buttermilk, CBD, and eggs.
- Mix both bowls together.
- Add cherries & figs, stir in until mixed.
- Flour a counter space or cutting board. Knead the mixture into a ball before placing it on a baking sheet.
- Add hemp (1 teaspoon) to top and press into the dough. The dough should be flattened until its roughly seven inches. Carve an X into the top of the bread.
- Bake for forty minutes or until the bread turns golden brown. Let cool for thirty minutes.
In the mood for something sweet, but more homemade and tastier than gummies? Check out this delicious CBD Carrot Cak
Ingredients for cake
- 9×13 cake pan
- All-purpose flour (2 cups)
- Baking soda (1 teaspoon)
- Cinnamon (2 teaspoons)
- Salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- Eggs (3)
- Buttermilk (1 cup)
- Vegetable oil (1 cup)
- Sugar (1 cup)
- CBD (2 teaspoons)
- Vanilla extract (2 teaspoons)
- Shredded carrots (2 cups)
- Flaked coconut (1 cup)
- Raisings (1 cup)
- Chopped walnuts (1 cup)
Ingredients for frosting
- Vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
- Butter (1 cup)
- Powdered sugar (4 cups)
- Cream cheese (1 cup)
Instructions for cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Get a medium bowl and sift in the cinnamon, salt, baking soda & flour.
- Get another bowl and add wet ingredients (vanilla, sugar, vegetable oil, CBD, buttermilk & eggs). Mix until combined.
- Mix wet & dry bowls.
- Using a third bowl, combine carrots, walnuts, raisins & coconut. Add this mixture to the batter and mix.
- Bake for one hour or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes back clean.
Instructions for frosting
- Combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Wait for the cake to cool and add to the cake.
In addition to being able to make tasty treats, CBD can also be a delicious addition to healthy food. Here’s a great CBD Salad that you can make.
Ingredients for the salad
- Arugula (4 cups)
- Watermelon (1/2 of an entire watermelon, cut into cubes)
- Red Onion (1/4, chopped)
- Mint leaves (Roughly a cup)
- Feta cheese (2 teaspoons)
- Apricots (2-3, small, and cut into sixths)
Ingredients for the dressing
- Honey (1/4 cup)
- Balsamic vinegar (1/2 cup)
- Extra virgin olive oil (1/4 cup)
- CBD isolate powder (.25 grams)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Get a grill pan and warm to medium heat.
- Brush apricots with olive oil and place them in the grill pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes (enough to carmelize).
- Get a medium-sized bowl and place watermelon, mint, and onion.
- Get another bowl. Whisk balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey & CBD until well combined. Add salt & pepper.
- Using a salad bowl, mix arugula, mint & red onion. Add dressing and the rest of the ingredients. Add feta cheese. Enjoy!
When it comes to cooking with CBD, there is some general advice you should follow.
First, even if you are only using a small amount as recommended by a recipe, make sure to discuss your CBD use with a doctor before ingesting any. This should be standard for whenever you start taking a new medication or supplement, and it certainly applies to CBD, as there are concerns over potential drug interactions and CBD.
Next: Do not just purchase any CBD that you find. All CBDs are not created equal, and some less than scrupulous CBD companies sell ingredients that are mislabeled. As such, only purchase CBD if you can view its Certificate of Analysis. This Certificate will have results of testing, conducted by independent vendors, which will show what ingredients are in the CBD.
Last, for some general CBD cooking tips, check out Epicurious’ article on the subject. They make a few general points, including:
- Don’t place the CBD oil directly over direct heat, as that may cause terpene loss.
- Mix the CBD in with other ingredients.
- Refined CBD oil works best.
CBD seems to have the potential to help people with a variety of challenges, and cooking with CBD can add whole new flavors and benefits to any of the above recipes. So, cook away, and bon appetit!